The Site Selection Committee consists of the immediate past President (Chair), President, and the Chair of the Information Exchange Program committee, and is responsible for recommending to the Board the site for future Annual Meetings The President may, from time to time, recommend to the Board an alternative method for site selection.
The Site Selection Committee identifies and proposes a site or sites for one or more Annual Meetings as directed by the Board of Directors.
- The Site Selection Committee identifies, reviews, and determines facility and other requirements for the Annual Meeting.
- The Site Selection Committee identifies potential sites for the Annual Meeting and initiates contact with those sites to determine interest.
- The Site Selection Committee visits appropriate sites to identify one or more suitable locations for an Annual Meeting and to determine whether or not the site or sites offer the appropriate facilities and amenities for an Annual Meeting.
- The Committee selects one or more sites for recommendation to the Board of Directors and presents its recommendation(s) to the Board of Directors at its January or May meeting for presentation to the WACUBO membership at the Annual Meeting.
- Negotiates and signs contracts on behalf of the Board. The Committee has sites selected for up to but not to exceed five years in advance.