The WACUBO President serves as a representative to NACUBO during their presidency and for a two-year period thereafter, beginning with the NACUBO Annual Meeting immediately following assumption of the WACUBO presidency and concluding at the close of the appropriate NACUBO Annual Meeting.
Representatives to the National Association act as members of the Board of Directors of NACUBO to provide policy direction and priorities for the national association, and serve, upon appointment to one (1) or more NACUBO committees, in carrying forward the work of the national association. As members of the Board of Directors of NACUBO, they provide policy direction for WACUBO and act as a channel of communication and liaison between the national and regional associations.
- The national representatives serve as an active member of the Board of Directors of NACUBO. In this role they participate in establishing the goals and objectives of the NACUBO Board as well as exercising his/her fiduciary responsibilities as a Board Member.
- They participate in the election of officers of NACUBO and monitors the progress of the association in meeting its objectives.
- The national representatives vigorously represent WACUBO at the national level. They present appropriate regional issues and takes positions on issues considered at the national level which represent those of WACUBO.
- The national representatives report to the Board of Directors issues considered and actions taken by the NACUBO Board.
- The national representatives assist the Board of Directors in taking steps to identify, propose and recruit qualified WACUBO members for appointment to NACUBO committees.
- The national representatives participate actively in committee work.
- The national representatives assist in establishing the goals and objectives of
- NACUBO as well as other appropriate functions of the NACUBO Board, including its fiduciary responsibilities, implementing its purposes and programs and monitoring its progress in achieving its objectives.